Boston Organics is a small growing company committed to respecting the environment, supporting local farms, local businesses and fair trade practices. We are seeking a positive, energetic, team player.
This is a part-time position with potential for growth into a full-time role for the right candidate.
Deliveries are completed primarily via cargo bike and sometimes via a cargo van. The qualified candidate must be willing and capable to do both. Background check required.
Please send resume and cover letter.
Responsible for performing all duties related to the delivery of fresh organic produce throughout the Boston Metro area and basic warehouse operations.
GENERAL DRIVING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading and delivering orders daily via cargo van or cargo bike (capable of pulling several hundred pounds for 4-8 hrs, 2-4 days per week).
- Transporting deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedure.
- Reading complex route sheet and noting difficulties with any deliveries. Updating delivery information to maintain accuracy.
- Adding perishables to orders throughout the day as needed, based on route sheet.
- Exercising good judgment and attention to detail when delivery problems arise. Contacting office for additional assistance, if needed.
- Accurately updating daily route statistics including start and end times, mileage and return of plastic boxes.
- Notifying the fleet manager of any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Maintaining a professional manner and appearance.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily housekeeping duties; maintaining a neat and orderly workplace at all times; picking and packing customers' orders; moving pallets; sweeping and removing/disposing of debris; receiving and sorting produce; other duties as assigned.
- Sense of urgency.
- Strength and endurance, as well as the ability to deal with the New England weather.
- Basic bike maintenance and ability to change a flat tire.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift and move 50+ lb boxes.
- Pallet jack operation.
- Repetitive lifting.
- Attention to detail (ability to spot blemished items).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Math Aptitude.
- Reading Skills.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
- Previous experience operating a cargo bike preferred but not required.
- A clean driving record is required (DO NOT APPLY IF IT IS NOT CLEAN)
- Prior warehouse and food industry experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of produce.
- Interest in organics and a healthy lifestyle preferred.
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid/Clean MA driver's license.
Please send your resume and cover letter for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boston Organics is a small growing company that provides access to fresh, organic produce to promote and support healthy living in a mindful and sustainable way that respects the environment, supports local farms, local businesses, and fair-trade practices. At Boston Organics we value a positive attitude and team-work; treating customers, colleagues and vendors with the highest level of respect and service; and of course fresh produce of the highest quality.
The basic function of Office Account Associate position is to grow Boston Organics' commercial fruit delivery service and commercial customer base. This position will focus on identifying and developing new leads for office fruit accounts, while driving commercial acquisition and retention efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a good listener who is positive, can communicate effectively, and work both independently and as part of a team.
1. Sales & acquisition of commercial accounts (75%)
- Collaborate with multi-functional groups to develop and support commercial acquisition and retention strategies (i.e. health & wellness programs)
- Manage sales process
- Create communications and content targeted towards the commercial office segment
- Develop new services and offerings
- Improve systems, processes, procedures and existing offerings
2. Customer service & company related tasks as needed (25%)
- Gain total knowledge of service and product offerings including their limitations to provide the highest quality of service
- Communicate with existing office customers in an organized and systematic approach and
- share information about new products and adjust or customize product selection or services
- manage receipts and other administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent communication - both in person and on the phone
- Resolve problems in a positive, professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to prioritize work independently
- Proactive self-starter
- Systematic and organized
- Good analytical skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Good perseverance with consistent follow through, yet demonstrating patience and calm
- Excited about company mission and values
- Flexible, and capable of working in a changing environment
Skills and ExperienceEntry to mid-level sales; familiarity with B2B sales and marketing desirable. Excellent customer service skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with database and CRM systems. Knowledge of organics a plus. Grocery or food service industry experience desirable.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for this position to email@example.com.