Boston Organics is a small, independent organic produce and grocery delivery service that connects consumers and businesses in the greater Boston area with fresh seasonal produce from organic farms.
At Boston Organics we treat our customers, colleagues, farmers, vendors, and the environment with the highest level of respect. If you appreciate fresh produce of the highest quality and have a positive attitude, we'd love to have you join our team!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Our Organic Produce Delivery Drivers are responsible for performing all duties related to the delivery of fresh organic produce throughout the Boston Metro area, including basic warehouse operations.
We're looking for a candidate with a positive, energetic attitude who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. A background check, a MA driver's license, and a clean driving record are required.
- Load and deliver daily orders within a scheduled time.
- Transport deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedure.
- Add perishables to orders throughout the day as needed, based on route sheet.
- Exercise good judgment and attention to detail when delivery problems arise.
- Accurately report daily route statistics.
- Notify the fleet manager of vehicle maintenance issues.
- Greet customers courteously and answer basic customer service inquiries.
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Pack orders according to instructions provided for each customer's box.
- Work efficiently, accurately, and with a discerning eye for quality.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
- Carry out all other duties assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers and possess basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be punctual and work with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma or a GED is required.
- Driving knowledge of Metro Boston streets preferred. Prior city delivery driving experience highly desirable. No CDL required.
- A valid and clean Massachusetts driver's license is required.
MORE ABOUT BOSTON ORGANICS AND THIS POSITION
Boston Organics is a fast-growing environmentally-minded company that delivers farm-fresh organic groceries to homes and offices in the Boston area. As a certified B Corporation, we are dedicated to the well-being of all our employees and community members. We are located in Charlestown, approximately 1 mile from Sullivan Square.
Employees will receive a competitive salary in addition to free organic fruits and vegetables. Health and dental coverage is also available as part of compensation after a 3 month review.
A clean driving record is required. Only applicants with clean driving records will be considered. No CDL required.
Prior driving and food industry experience highly desirable and interest in organics and a healthy lifestyle is preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume for this position to Jobs@BostonOrganics.com.
The B2B Business Development Associate is responsible for growing Boston Organics' office fruit delivery service and commercial customer base. This position will focus on identifying, nurturing and converting new leads into loyal customers while also serving as the primary point of contact for certain accounts.
The ideal candidate will be a good listener who is positive, sales-oriented, creative, effective at communicating and passionate about healthy food.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (80%)
Generate and close leads to convert new office segment business to meet aggressive acquisition goals.
- Become an expert in the needs and challenges of our office segment.
- Work with the marketing team to develop lead generation and conversion strategies and goals.
- Develop communications and content targeted toward the office segment.
- Engage in marketing efforts like social media, AdWords, online advertising, email marketing, etc.
- Research and establish contact with prospective clients via email and cold calls.
- Use HubSpot to qualify and follow up on inbound leads.
- Conduct sales presentations, lunch-and-learns and healthy office consultations.
- Convert incoming service requests and inquiries for office segment.
- Enthusiastically represent Boston Organics at events and meetings.
- Represent office segment's interests while working with Purchasing and Marketing to increase grocery product line.
- Conduct regular reporting to determine whether benchmarks are being met.
- Willing to meet with existing clients/make deliveries.
CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES (20%)
- Address incoming requests and issues for certain segment of office accounts.
- Oversee special and custom accounts to ensure a superior experience.
- Set up invoicing and follow up on billing issues, declined accounts, etc.
- Work across teams to address any issues and find solutions.
- Conduct proactive outreach for adjusted delivery schedules (holidays, emergencies, etc.).
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Track record of 1-3 years of high performance and closed deals in B2B sales role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with both inbound and outbound methodology.
- HubSpot certification or willingness to become certified.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and Salesforce a plus.
- Aptitude to take ownership of, and continue to shape, the sales function.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of organization and accuracy.
- Experience in food industry, health and wellness or organics a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Driver's license and a reliable vehicle.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Positive, proactive, flexible and fearless attitude.
- Ability to resolve problems in a friendly, professional and empathetic manner.
- Systematic and organized.
- Good analytical skills.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Perseverance with consistent follow through, yet demonstrating patience and calm.
- Excitement about company mission and values.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional groups.
MORE ABOUT BOSTON ORGANICS AND THIS POSITION
Boston Organics provides access to fresh, organic produce to promote and support healthy living in a mindful and sustainable way that respects the environment, supports local farms, local businesses, and fair-trade practices.
At Boston Organics we value a positive attitude and team-work; treating customers, colleagues and vendors with the highest level of respect and service; and of course fresh produce of the highest quality.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to GoodFoodJob@BostonOrganics.com. In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Because of our mission, Boston Organics only delivers certified organic fruit and snacks to office breakrooms. As a result, we compete against companies that sell less expensive, non-organic items. How would you approach this challenge? What do you bring to a company with this challenge?
Not a good fit for any of the positions posted right now, but still think Boston Organics is the right place for you? Go ahead and send us your resume and cover letter anyway!
If you have experience and an interest in fresh organic produce, send your resume and a cover letter that tells us why we should hire you to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or walk-ins please!